Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"The Spell of the Sensuous" Eight

"It doesn't matter if you get old-that place will keep stalking you like the one who shot you with the story. Maybe that person will die. Even so, that place will keep on stalking you. It's like that person is still alive."

When I read this passage I immediately thought of this area. It's a few different spots around where I used to live, places I would walk to on a daily basis. These places haunt me, they stalk me. The memories stalk me. Even though I have moved away and tried to move on from the memories associated with them, even just going back to take pictures I felt the weight of the place still there. All of the memories instantly come flooding back. (This also helped inspire my site specific project.)






No comments:

Post a Comment