Tuesday, March 4, 2014

"The Spell of the Sensuous" Nine


"Everything the Power of the World does is done in a circle... The Wind, in its greatest power, whirls. Birds make their nests in circles, for theirs is the same religion as ours. The sun comes forth and goes down again in a circle. The moon does the same, and both are round...Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were..."

I feel like I responded pretty directly to this quote. I did try a completely different style of painting then what I'm used to. I tried to make everything in the painting a circle. The four main circles are the "seasons" and in the center is the moon and the sun. The wind is also in the painting. I was also thinking about the image of a bird's nest, and how everything really in connected and a cycle, and I tried to just let it flow out onto the painting. Also fun fact this can be displayed in any way because it's a circle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment