Friday, March 14, 2014

Peephole Installation (Luli's Cupcakes)

Luli's Cupcakes 
82 San Marco Ave

In Progress Cupcakes


The Final Product



(featured flavors of the month on top: Luck of the Irish and Minorcan Mudd)


(when you "peep" through, Breakfast in Bed and Grandma's Coconut)


Statement: 
So my concept revolved around the business itself, Luli's Cupcakes. The actual structure is made out of Luli's own cupcake boxes (which I placed into almost a doll house type structure so that you could look into the "rooms") and the cupcakes are modeled after actual cupcakes in the shop. It was important to have the two flavors of the month: Luck of the Irish and Minorcan Mudd. I did a lot of research in the shop (of course a lot of taste testing!) and chose two other flavors as well to play off of the names and create a scene with: Breakfast in Bed and Grandma's Coconut. I chose to put the two flavors of the month "on display"so that they were easy to see. The other two flavors I created scenes around to play off of the names of the cupcakes, as you can see above in the pictures. I created a tropical, but "classy" scene to place Grandma's coconut it. I created (obviously) a bedroom scene for Breakfast in Bed, and placed the cupcake on the bed as the breakfast. As I stated above, I tried as best I could to replicate the cupcakes as close as possible to the actual cupcakes, and I tried to keep everything in a close theme to Luli's Cupcakes (while having a little fun with the scenes.)

Research:




Grandma's Coconut (left)


Breakfast in Bed

Minorcan Mudd

Luck of the Irish 




(There was more research done inside of the store, taste testing, color observing, space observing etc.)

(The Datil Pepper is in the Minorcan Mudd)
One of my original ideas was to explore this

No comments:

Post a Comment