Monday, April 28, 2014

Motel Show

Statement: 
I purposely don't want to say too much about my work. I believe this piece should speak for itself. The research that I included, especially the quote and specific definitions of "secret" are important to the piece. (I was incredibly inspired originally by some old razors that I had saved, including some rusted ones. Hence the included image of an awesome rusted razor.) I don't know if it's incredibly important to know, but the piece is a combination of new, manipulated (like burned or purposely rusted), and old saved razors.







Research:

“We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means, I survived.” 
-Chris Cleave

se·cret
ˈsēkrit/
noun
plural noun: secrets
  1. something that is kept or meant to be kept unknown or unseen by others.
    "a state secret"
    synonyms:confidential matter, confidence, private affair; More
    • something that is not properly understood; a mystery.
      "I'm not trying to explain the secrets of the universe in this book"
      synonyms:mysteryenigmaparadoxpuzzleconundrumposerriddle More
    • a valid but not commonly known or recognized method of achieving or maintaining something.
      "the secret of a happy marriage is compromise"
      synonyms:recipe, (magic) formula, blueprintkeyanswersolution
      "the secret of their success"



No comments:

Post a Comment